Democracy International has extensive, practical, field-based experience in design, implementation, and evaluation for a wide range of legislative strengthening programs across multiple country environments. We offer a range of services to strengthen legislatures and local government deliberative bodies.
DI and its principals have worked with legislatures in the United States and abroad for three decades. DI principal Glenn Cowan has also served as an elected member of the town councils of Kensington, Maryland (2001-2005) and Lambertville, New Jersey (1976-1980) and as a political consultant to members of the U.S. Senate and House.
* Strategic and tactical planning, budgeting, and training
* Advice on legislative hearings
* Constituency identification and service provision
* Media training, press relations, and public communication
* Legislative office management
* Policy development and research